Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found this in a 1940's Italian cookbook.
Make and share this Italian Shrimp With Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sliced onions
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1 teaspoon chopped sweet basil
- 1 (32 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked peas
- 2 cups boiled shrimp
- salt and pepper
- Sauté onions and celery in oil until soft.
- Add tomatoes, seasonings.
- Cook over low heat 20 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Add peas and shrimp.
- Cover and heat through.
- Place 1/2 cup hot rice on heated plates and top with shrimp mixture.
I gave this 4 stars because I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds really good. I have a pound of shrimp out for dinner, and I am going to try this tonight! Something different from the ordinary! Thanks for posting.