Feast Your Eyes!'s Note:
Bored with the same old cardboard pizza? Imagine lemony-garlic shrimp on a freshly-baked pizza, and loaded with mozarella and parmesan cheese. Delicious - Simple - Easy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 lb raw shrimp, cleaned, shelled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine
- juice and zest from 1 lemon
- 12 inches prepared pizza crust
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan regianno cheese
- 5 large basil leaves, chopped
- olive oil
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 425°F degrees. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- 2In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons butter and olive oil over a medium flame; add the red pepper flakes and garlic, saute' for about 1 minute.
- 3Transfer the shrimp to the skillet and saute' until just cooked, about 1-3 minutes per side. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Remove the shrimp from the skillet; set aside.
- 5To the butter and garlic mixture in the skillet, add the wine, lemon juice and zest; bring to a boil. Simmer the liquid until reduced by about half, about 3-5 minutes.
- 6Add the remaining butter, wait for it to melt and turn off the heat.
- 7Place the pizza crust on the prepared baking sheet, brush with some butter from skillet.
- 8Evenly spread the butter and garlic mixture over the pizza crust, add the shrimp and sprinkle with mozarella, Parmesan, and chopped basil leaves. Drizzle olive oil over the top.
- 9Bake 10 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- 10Let stand several minutes before slicing; serve with a freshly tossed green salad and a glass of your favorite Cavit Riesling or Cavit Merlot.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Shrimp Scampi Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 525.6
- Calories from Fat 362
- Total Fat 40.2 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 252.8 mg
- Sodium 666.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 31.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
prepared pizza crust