Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
From Quick Cooking.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 cup orzo pasta, uncooked
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil; transfer to a 3 quart slow cooker.
- Add the next 10 ingredients; mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until chicken juices run clear.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Stir in the pasta; cover and cook on high for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in shrimp; cover and cook for 2 minutes or until the shrimp are heated through.
This wasn't quite our taste, but I think that's probably more us than the recipe. our friends thought is was very good. Thanks for posting!