Recipe by MarieRynr
Not sure why this is called Italian Shrimp. it is really barbequed shrimp with Italian hervs, garlic and Olive oil. Serve as an appetizer in a chafing dish with wooden picks or as a main course with a mixed green salad and crusty French bread. Plan ahead as it needs to marinate for at least 4 hours.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 3 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the butter in a large skillet. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, rosemary, garlic, black pepper, thyme, cayenne pepper, salt and celery salt. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Do not boil. Remove from heat and let stand until cool.
- Add the shrimp to the marinade and toss to coat. Spoon into a 4 QT baking dish. Marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for 4 to 10 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Bring the shrimp to room temperature and bake at 400*F for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the shrimp turns pink. Serve with wooden picks.