Recipe by RecipeNut
Juicy beef, fragrant with garlic, pepper and other spices. A great dish for a crowd, or just freeze the leftovers.
Top Review by Mysterygirl
Loved this. I thickened the juices with some cornstarch though so that they would cling to the meat better. This is a definite keeper. I served it on sandwich rolls with provolone cheese. Next time I will add sliced tomatos, lettuce and thin slices of bermuda onion as well.
- 5 lbs chuck roast
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim excess fat from roast.
- Place roast in crockpot.
- Mix water with all.
- seasonings and pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low 8- 10 hours.
- Remove meat, allow to cool slightly and shred, discarding any fat.
- Return shredded meat to broth in crockpot and cook on high until heated through, 15 minutes to 1/2 hour.
- Use a slotted spoon to serve meat on large buns or rolls.