1/1 Photo of Italian Shortbread With Almonds and Jam
Dona England's Note:
I found this recipe on Cookie Journey Blogspot. Originally in "Desserts: Mediterranean Flavors,California Style" by Cindy Mushet. This goes together quickly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F and set the rack in the middle of the oven.
- 2Have ready a 9-inch ungreased springform pan.
- 3Beat the butter and sugar on medium speed in a stand mixed for 3-4 minutes until very light, scraping down the sides of the bowl and the paddle from time to time.
- 4Add the almond extract and beat on medium speed for 30 more seconds to blend.
- 5In a small bowl whisk together the flour and salt.
- 6Add to the butter mixture and beat on low speed until blended, 30 - 40 seconds. The dough will be stiff.
- 7Remove 1/2 cup of dough and spread it on a small plate in a thin later; place it in the freezer.
- 8Press the remaining dough into the pan evenly - it can be a little higher at the edges, but the center shouldn't be elevated.
- 9Spread the jam evenly over the dough to within an inch of the edge.
- 10Retrieve the remaining dough from the freezer and crumble it over the jam.
- 11Sprinkle the almonds evenly over the top.
- 12Bake the shortbread for 40-50 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 13Remove from the oven and let cool completely on a rack before removing from pan.
- 14Cut the shortbread into serving size triangles.
- 15Freezes well.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Shortbread With Almonds and Jam
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.9
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 57.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 21.9 g
- Protein 4.6 g