Pate chinois is a French-Canadian specialty and this has a different twist - it uses ground veal and hot italian sausages. It is sooooo good! Got this recipe in a French magazine - will try to translate as best as I can!
- Preheat oven 375°F.
- Cook the potatoes in salted water until they are cooked. Drain them. Mash them with the oil or butter and season them with salt and pepper (or use your favorite mashed potatoes recipe!). Put aside.
- Take the sausages out of their casing and mix with the ground veal.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add the peppers and the onions and cook for about 5 minutes, until softened. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add salt and pepper and oregano. Put in a bowl.
- Put back the frying pan on the stove and cook the veal and sausage meat until cooked. Drain the fat out of the pan.
- Put the meat at the bottom of a rectangular pan sprayed with Pam. Put the bell peppers and onion on top of the meat and, lastly, the mashed potatoes. Sprinkle with the Italian breadcrumbs.
- Put in oven for 40 minutes.