1 hr 15 mins
A very easy dish to prepare, simple ingredients, and also very delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced in 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (or 4 servings instant mashed potatoes)
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In a large skillet, cook onion and garlic until soft.
- 3Add sausage and cook until browned, then drain.
- 4Stir in tomatoes, eggs, oregano, caraway seeds, and 1 cup cheese.
- 5Mix well, and spoon mixture into unbaked pie shell.
- 6Mix potatoes with ½ cup cheese.
- 7Spoon or pipe potato mixture around outer edges of pie.
- 8Sprinkle with paprika, and place pie on baking sheet.
- 9Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until set.
- 10Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- 11Can be prepared ahead of time, bake when ready.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Shepherd's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (474 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 917.9
- Calories from Fat 515
- Total Fat 57.2 g
- Saturated Fat 22.8 g
- Cholesterol 311.7 mg
- Sodium 1197.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 50.7 g