Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A very easy dish to prepare, simple ingredients, and also very delicious!
Make and share this Italian Shepherd's Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced in 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (or 4 servings instant mashed potatoes)
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet, cook onion and garlic until soft.
- Add sausage and cook until browned, then drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, eggs, oregano, caraway seeds, and 1 cup cheese.
- Mix well, and spoon mixture into unbaked pie shell.
- Mix potatoes with ½ cup cheese.
- Spoon or pipe potato mixture around outer edges of pie.
- Sprinkle with paprika, and place pie on baking sheet.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until set.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- Can be prepared ahead of time, bake when ready.