Recipe by kstrating
This is another recipe I ran across early in our marriage 30 short yrs ago. (I bought a little blank, hardbound book to write special recipes in). DH loves it. Falls into the comfort food category. Cheesy and mmm, mmm good. Add a salad, and dinner is complete!
Top Review by ladycloud_2843672
This was delicious! In order to cut down on the calories, I used ground turkey and low fat cheeses and sour cream. Since I make my own marinara sauce, it was already low fat. I found that the amount of shredded cheeses and marinara called for in the recipe were not enough for me, so I added an additional. However, the next time I make this, I will substitute the sour cream with ricotta cheese for a more lasagna tasting dish.
- 1 lb pasta shells, medium size
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces provolone cheese, shredded
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook shells and drain (while waiting, go on to next steps).
- Brown ground beef and drain. Add salt, pepper, and marinara sauce. Simmer 20 minutes.
- In deep pan, line bottom with 1/2 of the shells. Cover with half of the meat sauce. Spread half of the sour cream lightly over and then sprinkle with half of both the cheeses. Repeat.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 20 minutes more.