Recipe by Pat McCardle
Made this for years. Great alternative to regular "old" salad. Very refreshing in the summer. Everyone who has it, likes it. HONEST!!
- 1 lb med. pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -2 tomatoes
- 1⁄2 medium onion (red, if you prefer)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper (I sometimes use a roasted pepper)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (your choice)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Drain and rinse with cold water and drain again.
- Toss with 1 Tbl.
- olive oil and set aside.
- Seed the tomatoes and chop fine.
- Chop onion and peppers into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Combine mayo,soy sauce, and vinegar and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss with the shells and vegetables.
- Turn into a serving bowl.
- Garnish with halved cherry tomatoes if you like.