These Sicilian doughnuts are delicious served warm! The recipe comes from one of my favorite cookbooks titled "Cucina Deliziosa", which was compiled by the Charity Guild of Saint Joseph in Houston, Texas.
- Mix flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- Add eggs, water, and vanilla; mix well.
- Drop batter by tablespoons in hot, deep oil.
- If oil is hot enough, sfingi will cook and turn over without help.
- If not, turn with a large spoon to brown on both sides.
- Add as many sfingi that will fit in skillet or deep-fryer.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Combine powdered sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle warm sfingi with powdered sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Delicious served warm!