Recipe by Marie
A wonderful Italian cookie with the great flavor of sesame seeds.
Top Review by evewitch
My grandma always makes these. As a kid I didn't like them because they aren't very sweet. But I found myself craving them. This recipe might not be the same as hers (I really don't know) but it worked well and was easier than I thought it would be. I baked them about 30 minutes. They still weren't very brown, but they were done and I didn't want to burn the sesame seeds.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Cut in shortening until texture is like cornmeal.
- Mix together eggs and milk.
- Add to dough and mix until smooth.
- Roll dough into ropes and break off 1 1/2" pieces.
- Roll each piece in sesame seeds.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for about 20 minutes or until golden.