Recipe by Maureenie
This recipe comes from inmamaskitchen.com. I had been looking for an easy sesame cookie recipe for a while because they are my husband's favorite cookie. These Italian sesame seed cookies are delicious with coffee. Dunking is not only acceptable, but recommended.
Top Review by Cathleen Colbert
A crispy cookie with the nutty flavor of toasted sesame seeds. I added too much water so the dough was too soft to roll. Besides I'm too lazy to roll, cut and then roll in seeds. I used my cookie scoop and rolled the balls in the seeds. I'm not sure how long they were in the oven but I don't think it was 30 minutes.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Set racks in middle and upper part of oven. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Mix flour and baking powder together. Add to butter mixture, mixing well.
- Stir in 1/2 cup water and mix to form dough.
- Roll on floured board to about one inch thick.
- Cut in pieces about 2 inches by 1 inch.
- Roll each piece in sesame seeds.
- Arrange pieces on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Store at room temperature in airtight tin or plastic container.