Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a family recipe that mimicks the best Italian bakeries in NY! This is a great cookie to dip or to have with espresso. Not too sweet, crunchy, full of flavor and store very well in or out of a freezer. Always handy to have around for drop-in guests!
- Sift dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Cut in oil until mixture resembles small peas.
- Stir in slightly beaten eggs.
- Add milk and mix thoroughly.
- Pull of small pieces and shape into a 1 log.
- Roll each in sesame seeds.
- Place on cookie sheet or on parchment paper ¾ apart.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.
Great taste and texture, but I wonder about the amount of oil used. My hands were dripping and soppy most of the time I was forming them. Maybe I did something wrong...