Recipe by Gingerbee
This is a family recipe that mimicks the best Italian bakeries in NY! This is a great cookie to dip or to have with espresso. Not too sweet, crunchy, full of flavor and store very well in or out of a freezer. Always handy to have around for drop-in guests!
- 4 cups sifted flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk (add 1 tbsp. at a time)
- 1⁄2 lb sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Cut in oil until mixture resembles small peas.
- Stir in slightly beaten eggs.
- Add milk and mix thoroughly.
- Pull of small pieces and shape into a 1 log.
- Roll each in sesame seeds.
- Place on cookie sheet or on parchment paper ¾ apart.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.