Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This also makes a wonderful chicken marinade --- for creamy Italian add in a couple tablespoons of mayonnaise, this recipe may easily be doubled
Top Review by LARavenscroft
Made for 123 Hits! This is a versitle mix and can used for many things. We used it to make a creamy Italian salad dressing that is loosely based on the instructions here. Makes a great sub for those packages of Good Seasons dressing (which I don't use). Thanks for posting this, Kit!
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 4 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 teaspoons table salt
- 3 -4 tablespoons white vinegar (start with 3 tablespoons adding in more if desired after mixing) or 3 -4 tablespoons white wine vinegar (start with 3 tablespoons adding in more if desired after mixing)
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons dry italian seasoning mix
- 1 -2 teaspoon powdered milk
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- salt (to taste, add in only if desired) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl mix together all ingredients.
- Place in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- TO PREPARE; in a bowl whisk together 3 tablespoons white vinegar, 2/3 cup oil, 2 tablespoons water, 2 tablespoons of the dry mix and 1-2 teaspoons dry milk powder (start with 1 teaspoon dry milk powder and 3 tablespoons vinegar adding in more if desired).
- Season with more salt to taste, and a little sugar if desired to decrease any bitterness, add in Parmesan cheese if desired.