Prep 4 mins
Cook 1 min
Try this in your favorite pasta sauce or in Italian meat balls! Makes 1/2 cup.
Make and share this Italian Seasoning Blend recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons dried parsley, crushed
- 4 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme or 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Blend thoroughly.
- Use in shaker on table.
- Store extra in tightly covered glass bottle.
I used my coffee grinder to grind up the mustard seeds, which worked well. It didn't take much time at all to mix it all up and it was great in the meatballs I prepared. My wife won't be buying this expensive spice mix anymore, now that we can make it ourselves and like it so well!
This is a flavorful Italian seasoning blend. It goes together quickly and easily with minimal effort. It is really good for any tomato-based Italian sauce. This is a salt-free blend, so it is wonderful if on a salt restricted diet. Thank you for sharing.