Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This replaces the store bought jars and tastes so much better.
Make and share this Italian Seasoning recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons dried basil
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Mix all ingredients in a spice grinder.
- OR put in a small bowl and crush with the back of a spoon.
- Store in an airtight jar for up to 6 months.
Works and lets me skip the dried thyme in Italian seasoning as we don't like it. I put a bit of marjoram in it's place. I think I would leave out the rosemary if I make this again.
I like this recipe because I can add or omit what I want. I do not care for rosemary so when I mixed up a 1/3 batch of this for meatloaf I didn't have to add that herb. Very good to have around!
We were out and needed a few spoonfulls to complete another recipe. Thanks for saving the day.