Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From a Taste Of Home Magazine. It's a very simple thing to grow together, and it tastes great of everyhing.
- 3 tablespoons dried basil
- 3 tablespoons oregano
- 3 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Place all ingredients, in batches if necessary, in a spice grinder or small bowl. Grind or crush with the back of a spoon until mixture becomes a coarse powder. Stor in airtight container for up to 6 months.
Very tasty, so easy to make using my spice grinder. I will be making this Italian Seasoning from now on instead of buying the already prepared Italian Seasoning.Thank you for posting this recipe.
Very good spice mix. At first I thought the garlic powder would be too much but after using it in a pasta sauce I realized that it was just perfect. The amount of spices are just right, the combination is very well balanced.
Now I do not have to buy the (rather expensive) mix but will make my own. I am very pleased to have found this recipe.
Thanks for posting.
Wow! This is remarkably better than the store bought stuff! Thank you for posting this - just the smell alone let me know I was in for a different experience.