Recipe by mer@
I often buy just a half of a turkey breast and this is a great way to roast it. From Better Homes and Gardens Quick & Easy Diet Recipes.
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 1⁄2 lbs fresh turkey breast halves, with bone about 2 1/2 pounds
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350. Meanwhile, for seasoning mixture, in a small bowl or custard cup combine Italian seasoning, salt and garlic powder.
- Remove and discard skin from turkey breast half. Using a sharp knife, cut 2 lengthwise slits about 1 1/2 inches apart from the top to, but not through, the bottom of the turkey. Sprinkle seasoning mixture into slits. Then rub oil over surface of turkey.
- Place turkey on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Insert a meat thermometer near center of breast half. Cover loosely with foil.
- Roast for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or till the thermometer registers 170. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Makes 8 to 10 servings.