The original recipe was found in the 1998 edition of Taste of Home's " The Best of Country Cooking ".I did add alot of different ingredients that wasn't in the original, but I still wanted to thank Kim McMurl of Fargo, North Dakota for sending the original into them.Make sure to let meatloaf " rest " for a few minutes, so it won't fall apart when you slice it. Submitted to " ZAAR " on October 28, 2009.
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried onion flakes (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 lb uncooked ground pork
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄4 teasppon dry mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl mix well the first 9 ingredients.
- Add pork and mix well.
- Shape into a loaf and place into a small greased rectangular baking dish.
- Mix together topping ingredients, and pour over meatloaf.
- Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until no longer pink.