2 hrs 35 mins
This bread is incredible. It is by far the best non-knead bread I've ever eaten. Serve it with any homemade soup, or with chicken cacciatore.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a quart bowl or measuring cup, put the warm water, the margarine or butter, the sugar, the salt, and a tablespoon of the flour. Stir well.
- 2Add in the yeast and then set aside for five minutes.
- 3In a very large bowl, mix 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup of the parmesan, and the remaining ingredients. Stir to mix.
- 4Slowly stir in the yeast mixture.
- 5Beat in the rest of the flour.
- 6Leave the bread mix in the bowl, and cover with a damp dish towel and then plastic wrap.
- 7Let rise 45 minutes, until light and bubbly.
- 8Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 9Butter a two quart casserole.
- 10Stir the bread mix until it collapses, and then flop it into the greased dish.
- 11Sprinkle the remaining parmesan on top of the bread mix.
- 12Let rise 30 minutes and then put in oven.
- 13Bake 35 minutes until lightly browned.
- 14Turn the bread out onto the counter.
- 15Lightly thump bottom.
- 16If it sounds hollow it's done.
- 17Otherwise, return to casserole for a few minutes.
- 18Let partially cool.
- 19Serve warm with real butter.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Seasoned Bread
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 330.2
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 13.6 mg
- Sodium 710.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 10.6 g