Recipe by Ingy
The cheeses in this pie create a melt in your mouth filling. Recipe from Cindy Smithy.
For the Crust
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for work surface
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
For the Filling
- 1 lb whole milk ricotta cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 lb mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten, for brushing
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375° with rack in center. Prepare crust; In the bowl of a food processor, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Pulse to combine.
- Add butter; pulse until mixture resembles cornmeal. With processor running, add eggs and process until dough comes together and forms a ball, about 1 minute.
- Transfer to a lightly floured work surface, and knead until smooth, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Prepare filling; In a large bowl, stir together ricotta, eggs, Parmesan, mozzarella, prosciutto, parsley, and pepper; set aside.
- Divide dough into 2 pieces, one slightly larger than the other. Roll larger piece into a 12-inch circle; gently transfer to a 9-inch glass pie dish.
- Place filling in pie plate and spread evenly; set aside.
- Roll remaining dough into a 9-by-9-inch square; cut into 1/2-inch wide strips. Using strips, form a lattice pattern over filling. Trim bottom crust, leaving a 1/2-inch overhang. Crimp edges to seal. Brush with egg, and bake until filling is firm, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool completely before serving.