Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 4 -5 medium zucchini, sliced ¼ to ½ inch
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tomatoes, halved,squeezed dry and diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt substitute
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry basil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons clarified unsalted butter
- parmesan cheese, to garnish
- In a large sauté pan add the olive oil and clarified butter.
- Turn the burner to high and add the zucchini and onions.
- Sauté and toss until ¾ cooked.
- Watch for the gradual browning of the onions they are just right when they become honey colored.
- Add the garlic and the drained diced tomatoes.
- Try to put the garlic into one small spot so you can watch its cooking; 1 minute should be enough.
- Add the salt, pepper and basil.
- Toss to mix thoroughly and with a large metal flat spatula, carefully drain off the oil into a bowl.
- Return pan to burner and continue tossing.
- Check seasonings, you may want more.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the vegetables onto a warmed serving dish.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese to taste.