Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a simple and delicious bean salad -- it goes well with my Tuscan-Style Chicken.
- 1⁄2 cup of jarred roasted red pepper
- 4 fresh garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 (19 ounce) cans cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 fresh basil leaves (rinsed)
- Cut peppers into 1/4-inch slices. Preheat large saute pan on medium-high 2 minutes. Chop garlic coarsely.
- Place oil in pan; swirl to coat. Add garlic, peppers, and remaining ingredients (except basil); cook 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until beans are thoroughly heated. While beans cook, stack basil leaves and roll tightly; slice thinly into fine ribbons.
- Stir in basil; cook 1-2 more minutes or until fragrant. Serve.
Simply delicious. Made it to have with Parmesan Chicken and they went together really well. When making it again I will use more Italian seasoning to give it a bit more zing! Well worth making.
Very yummy vegetarian dish !! I used yellow peppers that I grilled on a friends' George Foreman Grill and served it with a little pasta and a dollop of pesto.Thnx for posting !
Oh, some of my most favorite ingredients all together, made this with you Tuscan Chicken and they were perfect together. Thank you so much for posting.