Recipe by C & D's Mommy
A easy dish to prepare. Full of yummy stuff, good for you too! Low cal, sodium, cholesterol, and carbs! This can be a whole meal if you serve it over rice or noodles, or a side dish as is.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
I really enjoyed this recipe and all the different herbs in it. Lovely flavours. Cooked as written except I used fresh oregano & basil instead. I increased the garlic abit also. This was very easy to prepare & tasty. Thanks for sharing.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into about 10 wedges each
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated (I use low fat cheese)
- salt and pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms, zucchini, onion, spices and garlic.
- Stir occasionally for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper now if you're going to.
- Add tomatoes, and sprinkle with grated cheese. Cover skillet with a lid and continue cooking on low heat until cheese is melted, (about 4 minutes.).