Recipe by Boomette
This is an espress recipe to do on the barbecue from the issue of June 2006 of Coup de Pouce.
Top Review by Kim127
Ohhh, these are yummy. We used hot italian sausage and a french baguette. It was almost like a sausage sandwich on a stick. The bread grilled up wonderfully and had great flavor from the garlic oil. Very easy to put together and with precooking the sausage, its a very quick meal to make. Thanks!
- 4 Italian sausages (1 lb)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash fresh black pepper
- 1 (8 inch) baguette, diced in 1 inches cube
- 1⁄2 red onion, cut into 1 inch squares
Directions See How It's Made
- Put sausages in a plate going in the microwave and poke them. Cover with plastic wrap leaving an open corner to let escape the steam and cook at high power for about 5 minutes or until not pink inside. (you can do this step in advance, let cool and cover. They will be good until the next day in the fridge.). Cut in slices of 1 1/2 inches of thickness.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix oil, garlic, salt and pepper. On metal skewers or wood skewers previously soaked in water, thread sausages alternating with bread cubes and onions squares. Baste the skewers with the mixture of oil.
- Set the barbecue to medium heat. Put the skewers on an oil grill. Close the cover and cook about 10 minutes or until sausages are grilled and onions are tender (flip the skewers 3 times during the cooking time).