Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I love this recipe because its so easy to do and it taste's great especially when you eat it as a hero/hoagie sandwich (on italian bread). My uncle taught this to me.
- 8 mild Italian sausage (depends on your taste)
- 5 cups beef gravy (can, jar, package, doesn't matter)
- 5 cups tomato sauce
- 1 green bell pepper (deseeded & diced)
- 1 small yellow onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- Fry up sausages in pan or skillet.
- While sausages are frying up, in large pot, add in Beef Gravy, Tomato Sauce, Green Pepper, Yellow Onion & Minced Garlic.
- Bring to a simmer.
- When sausages are done frying (must be well cooked), place them on a paper towel to soak up excess oils.
- When most of the oils from the sausages have been removed, place all sausages in the sauce pot.
- Cook for about 1 hour to 1 hour 30 minutes on low to medium heat.
- Serve hot.
- Can be served on rolls, or on top of cooked egg noodles.