Recipe by Bev I Am
A different way to try zucchini! Delicious served over pasta with grated Parmesan Cheese or cheese stuffed tortellni
Top Review by belkathy
This was delicious! I'm not a fan of squash, and had avoided zucchini for many years, but found it to be quite pleasant tasting served this way. I added some fennel seeds to complement the Italian sausage. Next time I'll try it served over cheese tortellini. Thanks for the great recipe.
- 1 lb Italian sausage, sliced thin (or ground beef)
- 2 cups celery, sliced
- 2 lbs zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 2 green peppers, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- canned corn (or both, optional) (optional) or butter beans, drained (or both) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausage, drain off fat.
- Add celery and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add all remaining ingredients and cook covered for 10 minutes more.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
- (If you use Italian sausage, the longer you cook it, the hotter it gets).