Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I made this recipe from the book "Gourmet Soups", by Carole Clements, and it was so incredible I had to share it! Try it, and you won't be dissapointed.
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 fennel bulb, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 lb zucchini, grated
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh marjoram or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- In frying pan, turn sausages over medium heat until evenly browned.
- Drain on paper towels and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, fennel, and pepper, cooking 4-5 minutes, until softened.
- Add zucchini, stock, and herbs.
- Stir in sausage, reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Discard bay leaf.
- For the lemon-garlic seasoning, chop together lemon zest, garlic and parsley and add to soup.
- Stir until heated through.
Nice Hearty soup. Good on a cold winter night and for those dieting but want a soup that is filling