1/1 Photo of Italian Sausage with Tomatoes and Penne
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 lb Italian sausage, cut crosswise into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut lengthwise in half,then cut crosswise into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 cups grape tomatoes or 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut lengthwise in half
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (or 1 T. dried basil)
- 6 green onions, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- 2Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
- 3Over medium heat, cook sausage for 4-6 minutes or until browned.
- 4Add in broth and stir; cover and cook 5 minutes.
- 5Add in squash, tomatoes, and 2 tablespoons of the basil.
- 6Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes, stir occasionally.
- 7Add in onions; simmer uncovered for 1 minute.
- 8Check seasoning to taste, add salt/pepper if desired.
- 9In a big mixing bowl, add cooked penne, oil, and remaining basil; toss to coat.
- 10Spoon pasta into individual serving plates or bowls; top with sausage mixture.
- 11Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage with Tomatoes and Penne
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 764.3
- Calories from Fat 358
- Total Fat 39.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 64.7 mg
- Sodium 1459.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 29.5 g