Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Makes 6 main-course servings. Adapted from a recipe given in Gourmet October 2005
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 lbs sweet Italian sausage (about 12 3- to 4-inch links)
- 2 lbs red seedless grapes, stemmed
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 (10 ounce) packagescut-leaf frozen spinach, thawed, drained
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) box raisins
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Heat olive oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat until hot but not smoking, then cook sausages, turning over once, until well browned, about 8 minutes total.
- Add grapes and cook, stirring occasionally, until sausages are cooked through and grapes are softened, 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons of butter in another large skillet over medium heat. Saute the garlic for two minutes. Add the spinach and saute until heated through. Season the spinach, to taste, with salt and pepper. Add raisins and pine nuts.