1/1 Photo of Italian Sausage With Peppers & Penne
This is delicious...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 bermuda onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup canned diced tomato
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lb cooked Italian pork sausage (hot, sweet, or a combination)
- 2 cups penne pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1In a large non-stick skillet, heat the oil.
- 2Sauté the onion, bell peppers, and fennel until the vegetables turn golden, 8-10 minutes.
- 3Add the garlic and sauté 1-2 minutes longer.
- 4Stir in the tomato, salt, and pepper.
- 5Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally.
- 6Add the sausage; simmer covered, stirring occasionally, until the flavors are blended, about 20 minutes.
- 7If the sauce becomes too dry, add 1-2 tablespoons of water.
- 8Meanwhile, cook the penne according to directions; drain.
- 9Add the basil, parsley, and penne to the sausage mixture; toss to combine.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage With Peppers & Penne
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 472.1
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 43.1 mg
- Sodium 454.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 14.6 g