Italian Sausage With Kale and White Beans
- Simmer beans in large pot of water for 30 min, or until soft; set aside a little of the cooking liquid, drain beans, & set aside.
- In small sauce pan, combine stock, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, and pepper flakes, and bring to a boil.
- In large stock pot, brown the sausage; remove with slotted spoon & set on paper towels to drain.
- Add onions & garlic to the pot & saute until translucent.
- Add beans, kale, sausage, and sauce back to the pot.
- Cook until kale has wilted and sauce has thickened.
- Add reserved bean cooking liquid (to help thicken).
- Serve with parmesan to top.