Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Delicious easy meal. Often requested recipe & shared with many.
- 2 cups dried cannellini beans, soaked overnight & drained
- 1⁄2 lb sweet Italian turkey sausage
- 2 onions, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb kale, center rib removed & roughly choped
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- parmesan cheese, to top
- Simmer beans in large pot of water for 30 min, or until soft; set aside a little of the cooking liquid, drain beans, & set aside.
- In small sauce pan, combine stock, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, and pepper flakes, and bring to a boil.
- In large stock pot, brown the sausage; remove with slotted spoon & set on paper towels to drain.
- Add onions & garlic to the pot & saute until translucent.
- Add beans, kale, sausage, and sauce back to the pot.
- Cook until kale has wilted and sauce has thickened.
- Add reserved bean cooking liquid (to help thicken).
- Serve with parmesan to top.