Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is one of my favorite pasta dishes & one I think you will enjoy. I like to use Whole Wheat pasta as I feel it gives more of a bite and is healthier. :-)
- 4 Italian sausages
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 300 g whole wheat fusilli
- In a medium non-stick pan over high heat, brown the sausages in one tablespoon olive oil; set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and sweat the onions& garlic in the remaining oil two minutes.
- While onions& garlic are cooking, slice the sausages into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Add the tomatoes, red pepper, chili flakes, sugar, oregano and sausages to the pan and simmer covered until the red peppers soften (about 10 minutes).
- Cook the fusilli according to package instructions.
- Drain well and place into bowls, cover with sauce.
- Top with freshly chopped parsley and/or freshly grated cheese.
This was very good. I used red and green peppers and just a pinch of the sugar. Very easy to make. I will definitely make this again. Thanks!
We liked this a lot! The spice from the sausage was perfect. I threw in some basil and mushrooms, too, and came out delicious!
We made this recipe for the second time lastnight and it was amazing. My Mom and Dad were over for dinner and they made sure they had the recipe before they left. It has so much flavor, and is so quick and easy to put together. It is definitely a recipe that we will be making over, and over again! Thanks