Recipe by - Carla -
This is one of my favorite pasta dishes & one I think you will enjoy. I like to use Whole Wheat pasta as I feel it gives more of a bite and is healthier. :-)
- 4 Italian sausages
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 300 g whole wheat fusilli
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium non-stick pan over high heat, brown the sausages in one tablespoon olive oil; set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and sweat the onions& garlic in the remaining oil two minutes.
- While onions& garlic are cooking, slice the sausages into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Add the tomatoes, red pepper, chili flakes, sugar, oregano and sausages to the pan and simmer covered until the red peppers soften (about 10 minutes).
- Cook the fusilli according to package instructions.
- Drain well and place into bowls, cover with sauce.
- Top with freshly chopped parsley and/or freshly grated cheese.