Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
An untried Textured Vegetable Proitein recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup textured vegetable protein
- 3⁄8 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- Mix the TVP into the hot water. Let stand for a few minutes.
- Add everything else and form into two patties. Fry in non-stick pan.
Since I had to vary from the original I won't rate it. I had to use some sage as the family hates fennel. I also double the recipe and used a whole egg instead of just the white. Used veggie broth not boiling water. I then browned it in a pan with some olive oil. Tasting the finished product, I was pleased. While not a 5 star it has some definite potential. Daughter said she'd eat it as is.