1/2 Photos of Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup
Seasoned Cook's Note:
Spicy and comforting! Tomato based soup with 3-cheese tortellini. You can go up or down with the heat on how you like your spices. A hearty one-meal dish which would be great with crusty bread!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) chicken broth
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 (20 ounce) refrigerated 3-cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1Remove casings from sausage and crumble for frying.
- 2In a large dutch oven, brown sausage, onion and green pepper. Drain well.
- 3Stir in chicken broth, carrots, tomatoes and tomato sauce, worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, cayenne powder, salt and pepper.
- 4Bring to a boil; reduce to simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- 5Add tortellini and simmer for 5 minutes or until tender.
- 6Ladle soup into bowls.
- 7Top with a few sprinkles of mozzarella cheese.
- 8Serve with crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup
Serving Size: 1 (389 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 554.3
- Calories from Fat 320
- Total Fat 35.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 75.7 mg
- Sodium 2767.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 30.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
refrigerated 3-cheese tortellini