Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was in AJC 30 minute challenge: only five ingredients and ready in 30 minutes. It said 4 servings, but next time will double for the 4 of us (I want leftovers). It was absolutely delicious. I used Turkey sausage. Plus I used 1/2 lb. turkey bacon as I only had 1/2 lb. sausage!
- 1 lb sweet Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained. (I substituted Northern beans)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic (called for draining but I chose not to)
- In stock pot over medium heat, crumble sausage and cook until no longer pink. If necessary, drain all but 1 tablespoon fat.
- Add onion and saute until softened.
- Add chicken broth, cannellini beans and tomatoes.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or longer if you need to.
- Enjoy a quick and easy but really delightful meal.
- Serve with crusty bread and fruit salad; I had apples and grapes sprinkled with fresh lemon juice in refrigerator.
Love this hearty soup...easy to make and great for a winter night when you don't feel like working over the stove...just sprinkle a little grated parmesan over the top when serving with some crusty whole grain bread and you have a great meal!
Very easy to make. I use regular canned diced tomamatoe and add one tsp. dried basil to the soup. I also add 2 cloves minced garlic to meat after it has browned and cook about one minutes so it doesn't burn. I like a thicker soup, so I don't drain the beans and cook one hour until it is very thick. My family loves this soup and we make it often