Submitted for the 'Zaar World Tour 2005. Ciao!
Make and share this Italian Sausage, Tomato, and Cream With Bow Ties recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage, casings removed and crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can Italian plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) can black olives, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and pepper flakes. Cook until sausage is no longer pink, stirring frequently, about 7 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook until onion is tender and sausage is light brown, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, olives, cream, salt and parsley. Simmer until mixture thickens slightly, about 4 minutes.
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Toss with mixture and sprinkle with parmesan.