Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe from the newspaper years ago and have enjoyed making it many times. It's easy and very tasty. Great with a salad and crusty bread!!
- 3 lbs Italian sausage (link style)
- 4 potatoes
- 2 large celery ribs
- 4 large carrots
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms (drained)
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (or more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- Cut sausage into bite-sized pieces. Fry and drain off grease.
- Cut vegetables into stew-sized chunks.
- Put all ingredients into a large pot and bring to a boil. Turn down to simmer for 1 1/2 hours.