Recipe by MizzNezz
Serve this with crusty rolls to soak up the sauce.
Top Review by Denise!
Another winner, Inez! This stew is outstanding and we loved the flavors of the wine, tomatoes and herbs. I added just a bit more red pepper flakes, as we like it spicy and it was just wonderful. Thanks for the great recipes, keep 'em coming!
- 8 ounces sweet Italian sausage links, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups cubed potatoes
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In lg skillet over med heat, brown sausage.
- Add wine, oil, onions and garlic; cook 5 minutes.
- Add basil, oregano, red pepper flakes, both cans of tomatoes, and potatoes.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and salt.