Serve this with crusty rolls to soak up the sauce.
Make and share this Italian Sausage Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces sweet Italian sausage links, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups cubed potatoes
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In lg skillet over med heat, brown sausage.
- Add wine, oil, onions and garlic; cook 5 minutes.
- Add basil, oregano, red pepper flakes, both cans of tomatoes, and potatoes.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and salt.
Another winner, Inez! This stew is outstanding and we loved the flavors of the wine, tomatoes and herbs. I added just a bit more red pepper flakes, as we like it spicy and it was just wonderful. Thanks for the great recipes, keep 'em coming!
This recipe is fantastic. My family really enjoyed this one. I added some green pepper and spinach greens to it and also used hot italian sausage. This will be listed as one of our family's favorites. Thanks Inez.
This is a great stew to make during the week. It's quick, easy, tasty, and has ingredients readily available in most pantries. I used Zesty Italian Sausage links and sliced them on the bias instead of crumbling and browning, but that's just a personal preference thing. The diced and stewed tomatoes I bought were already seasoned Italian style, and I think they really complimented the stew. There were no leftovers at all.