1/1 Photo of Italian Sausage Spinach and Ricotta Toasts
Hey Jude's Note:
These are like bruschetta, with no tomatoes, on steroids...serve them as hearty appetizers or as a main dish with a salad. This recipe is great to use up stuff like leftover bread and ricotta cheese....I always seem to end up with a bit of ricotta cheese from other recipes! These are great to serve the football crowd.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces bulk sweet Italian sausage links, smashed up
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry or 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 dash freshly grated nutmeg
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 8 slices Italian bread, toasted
- 1Brown sausage, stirring often, in a large skillet over medium heat until browned; add garlic and spinach and continue to cook, stirring, until spinach wilts, about 1-2 minutes; remove from heat and stir in the ricotta cheese, nutmeg and pepper.
- 2Preheat your broiler; place toast slices on a sheet or pan that can go under the broiler.
- 3Spread the sausage-cheese mixture on each slice of toast and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- 4Place on pan and broil for 3-4 minutes, or till the cheese is browned and the topping is kind of bubbly; you may need to do this in two batches.
- 5Serve them hot!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage Spinach and Ricotta Toasts
Serving Size: 1 (875 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.1
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 29.5 mg
- Sodium 596.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 12.8 g