1 hr 25 mins
Trying to be healthy's Note:
The savory flavors of the sauce will fill your house leaving your mouth watering. Simple enough to make--just put ingredients in pan and let it cook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 white onion (chopped)
- 1 bell pepper (chopped)
- 6 garlic cloves (finely diced or crushed)
- dried oregano
- dried basil
- Italian spices
- 2 dried bay leaves
- garlic salt (season to taste)
- dried red pepper (season to taste)
- 4 hot Italian sausages (without skins)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 (14 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 2 (14 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- cooking red wine
- 1Begin heating a large pot with with the olive oil over medium heat.
- 2Add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic cloves.
- 3Generously season with oregano, basil, and Italian seasonings. Add red pepper and garlic salt to liking, and stir all ingredients together, until the vegetables start to become tender (onions will begin to turn clear).
- 4While the vegetables are cooking, put sausages in a frying pan over medium heat, and break into bite-size pieces using a spatula. Cook until they begin to brown.
- 5Add sausage into the large pot with the vegetables, add mushrooms, and mix all ingredients together.
- 6Pour the cans of stewed tomatoes and tomato sauce into the pot, and spoon in tomato paste.
- 7Add enough of the wine to thin the sauce slightly.
- 8Taste to see if there is enough seasonings, and add if needed.
- 9Bring sauce to a light boil, then lower heat to medium low, letting it simmer for 45 minutes to an hour stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage Spaghetti Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (383 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 526.6
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 57.2 mg
- Sodium 1800.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.2 g
- Sugars 16.9 g
- Protein 18.4 g