Recipe by Ms B.
A very easy version of sausage soup. My husband loves this. We serve it with crusty bread (for dipping) and a tossed salad. It is an easy meal for the weeknights. I have varied the vegetables (by adding sauteed onions and mushrooms or using only frozen broccoli) and used steamed fresh veggies instead of the frozen.
- 1 (1 lb) packagefrozen bird eye zesty garlic pasta accents seasoned pasta and vegetable combination
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 lb Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, place vegetables (except spinach), pasta mix and broth; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium; cover and simmer 7 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in cooked sausage, tomato sauce and fresh spinach.
- Cook until spinach begins to wilt and cook down.
- Stir in half and half.
- Cook until heated through.