Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love soups that allow you to throw everything under the kitchen sink in a pot and come out with something tasty. This recipe calls for a large can of beans, and I used 15 ounce cans and ended up adding an additional can. I also added additional green beans. Recipe courtesy of Feeding the Flock, For All Our Friends From the Koffee Pot (Nampa, ID) and Maxine Carroll. Serving size is estimated.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Italian sausage
- 15 ounces white beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 29 ounces Italian-style tomatoes, diced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced and chopped
- 12 ounces French style green beans (frozen)
- 1⁄4 cup salad macaroni (uncooked)
- Brown sausage in a large Dutch oven. Do not drain.
- Add all ingredients except the macaroni.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour over low heat on stove.
- Add macaroni.
- Cook until macaroni is soft but firm.