My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs ground Italian sausage, broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 5 cups water
- 1 1/4 lbs prepared pizza sauce (about)
- 3/4 lb diced tomatoes with juice (about)
- 3/4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 lb sliced button mushroom
- 1 1/4 lbs cheese-filled egg tortellini, cooked
- tomato juice or water, to thin (optional)
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3-1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1In large soup pot, brown sausage with onions.
- 2When sausage is cooked through, drain off all excess oil.
- 3Add water, pizza sauce, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, garlic, mushrooms and tortellini.
- 4Simmer over medium heat about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5If soup is too thick, add tomato juice or water to thin.
- 6Just before serving, place mozzarella cheese in bottom of bowl.
- 7Pour hot soup over top and garnish top with parmesan.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage Soup
Serving Size: 1 (3300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4291.8
- Calories from Fat 2034
- Total Fat 226.1 g
- Saturated Fat 91.6 g
- Cholesterol 657.4 mg
- Sodium 10620.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 335.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.7 g
- Sugars 33.5 g
- Protein 230.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
prepared pizza sauce