1/2 Photos of Italian Sausage Soup
Found this quote on the back of an Italian lentil soup mix years ago... Soup does seven things: It appeases your hunger, slakes your thirst,fills your stomach, cleans your teeth, makes you sleep, helps you digest and puts color in your cheeks. Well.... it might! =) Hope you enjoy this soup. This recipe freezes well,also.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb Italian sausage (sweet or hot)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, coarsley chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup canned beef broth (or any of your favorite stock)
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups rotini pasta
- 1 small green pepper, coarsely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 small zucchini, coarsely chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1Split casing on sausages, remove meat and discard casing.
- 2Brown sausage, garlic and onion in Dutch oven, over medium heat until sausage done.
- 3Stir frequently to break sausage apart; drain.
- 4Stir in tomatoes, broth, water, pasta, green pepper and parsley.
- 5Cover and heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- 6Stir in zucchini; simmer an additional 5 minutes or until pasta and zucchini are tender.
- 7Pour into soup bowls; garnish with fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage Soup
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.2
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 43.1 mg
- Sodium 1230.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 19.6 g